Who are we?
Every class in our school votes for who they would like to be on the safe squad at the start of each year. We are interested in keeping everybody in our school safe and work together to achieve this goal. We all agree on our role as members of the safe squad and sign a roles and responsibilities form.
This year’s elected members in 2017/18 are:
Year 1: Ava and Amelia
Year 2: Callum and Shea
Year 3: Caitlyn and Ella
Year 4: Michael and Charlie
Year 5: Sophie and Kaitlin
Year 6: Emily and Lilly-Mae
What do we do?
We have a meeting every half term to talk about how safe our school is. We discuss how our school keeps us safe and how we can make it even safer. We then use this information to create an action plan which we focus on for the academic year.
What are some of our plans?
- To create an action plan for us to work towards.
- To ensure the safe squad are well known around school through continuing to use the buddy bus stops, carrying out assemblies and running kindness days.
- This year we will also work closely with Police Officers to create a safer parking charter and promote safer parking. Click here to see our Parking Charter
- Continue to ensure all classrooms have anti-bullying promises, worry boxes and an A3 copy of the child friendly anti-bullying policy.
- To continue to promote e-safety, water safety and anti-bullying through activities, themed weeks, competitions and assemblies.
Safer Internet Day - 7th February 2017
On Tuesday the 7th of February 2017 Christ Church CE Primary School is supporting Safer Internet Day 2017, with the theme ‘Be the change: Unite for the better internet.’
Each year group will take part in a range of activities. Alongside the Education packs for KS2 and KS2 created by SID and SID TV, which can be located at www.saferinternetday.org.uk, UKS2 will also be using Cybersense. We aim to ensure that all children at Christ Church have the confidence and skills to use the internet safely.
Following Safer Internet Day the Safe Squad will carry out pupil voice questionnaires in each year group. They will focus on what each year group has learnt, if they enjoyed the day and what they could all do to make the internet a better place.