Teachers: Miss C Cummings
Year 2 Timetable: click here
Year 2 Long Term plan: click here
Reading bags need to be brought to school every day and children need to read at home every day and at least three times a week with an adult. This needs to be evidenced in their reading log.
PE takes place on a Friday
Homework is given out on a Friday and should be returned by Thursday of the following week.
Children should also be learning their spellings for our weekly spelling test.
Letters are given out at the end of the day. Please check your child's reading bag for any letters each day.
All children need to bring a water bottle to school with them each day marked with their name and filled with water in case they need a drink during the day.
Please ensure that they have suitable clothing for weather conditions e.g. coats, hats, scarves and gloves during colder months and hats and suncream during the summer.
· All children have their username and password for Spelling Shed. The app allows them to practise their spellings in a variety of way through increasingly difficult levels.
· Certificates are given out every Friday for various achievements on Spelling Shed including most accurate and most improved.
· It is important that the children use Spelling Shed regularly as it will help to prepare them for SATs.
Times Tables Rock stars:
· This is part of the children’s weekly homework.
· Children have their username and password for Times Tables Rock Stars.
· Certificates are given out every Friday for various achievements on Times Tables Rock Stars including most accurate and most improved.
· The app helps improve the children’s confidence, accuracy and fluency to prepare them for SATs.